Collection Highlights




Collection Breakdown

Colors:
There are a lot of neutrals in this collection and I see that as a recurring trend in the collections. Christian also used a lot of metallic fabrics. I love the color palette of the collection besides a few choice transition looks (posted below) I feel They took away from the collection rather then helped it flow.

Fabrics: A lot of clean and crisp fabrics along with metallic brocades. Collection included a lot of cotton and silk/satin as well as some chiffon.

Silhouette: Again I see another recurring trend and that would be the 1970's silhouettes. such as pant suits blazers and blouses. The dresses are more modern day tight to the body with a lot of draping detail.

Details- Thick and thin leather belts, Chic open toe pumps, Tan hand bags and aviators. As for jewelry there was a lot of turquoise...always a good way to spice up the neutrals!

Model Look: The hair was pulled back in a chic bun. The look was young vibrant and professional. The models seemed to be glowing and looked simply beautiful!



Collection Review
This collection was very pleasing to the eye despite a few looks that should have been cut from the lineup. Christian and his team need to use an editing eye and edit down...I feel if this collection contained maybe 7 less pieces it would be spot on. There was too many filler pieces that don't transition well and could be removed to better the show. Overall I thought it was young and refreshing. The pieces where very tailored and made well. Since project runway Christian Siriano has really made a great name for himself! I am impressed by this collection it has its quirks but it really was a nice collection and I enjoyed watching it!


Pieces I dislike
This is just not flattering and the color was horrid!
Again with that ugly leather and paired with that blue top...it is just bad.
This to me just looks cheap...the pants look like cheap satin and the top with those pants does not work...I also am not crazy about the top print and the random unflattering ruffle.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree with your dislikes. The pictures at the top are very nice though and i think overall sounds like a very appeasing collection but the colors make me think of fall.

Anonymous said...

Btw its me Caitlin. Love you Ray <3 :D

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i thought i commented on this already, but i guess there was a blogger issue. anyway, i love all the pieces you love too, especially that first one. his collection was great.

http://ohtobeamuse.com

Raymond Coons said...

Thanks for the comments! <3 Caitlin Love you tooo Thanks for commenting! The colors did make me think of fall a bit...and I agree Cheryl it was great! Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your choices! that first dress is fab. but the 2 last pics are horrible indeed!xxx

Raymond Coons said...

thanks for your comments...Dolls Factory I am now following you :)

esion said...

christin louboutin pumps sale online and free shipping. lets go www.fashiongoodssale.com
Christian Louboutin Platform Pump Black
Christian Louboutin Platform Pump Rouge
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 10cm Blue Paint Leather Pumps

Post a Comment